Food for Futures
Food for Futures is YWCA Darwin’s catering and conference facility social enterprise operating out of Barbara James House and is able to support the work of YWCA Darwin, which provides a diverse range of programs that include:
- Youth Diversion Program
- Medical Accommodation Programs at Barbara James House and Doctor Helen Phillipps Cottages
- Encore – a program for women who have had breast cancer
- Domestic and Family Violence Centre and accommodation
- Parenting Support Program
- Youth Transitional Housing incorporating our youth crisis accommodation, medium-term and independent living programs for young people 15 to 24 years of age
- Women of Worth – working with women through the justice system
Food for Futures provides nutritious meals to the clients from regional and remote area staying at this facility to attend cancer-related medical treatment.
YWCA Darwin is grateful to the Department of Health for its support in permitting the use of the commercial kitchen facility for Food for Futures, which comes at no additional cost to the government.
YWCA Darwin uses Food for Futures as training venues for aspirational young people from its programs, those of other NGOs, long-term unemployed, and the “Sentenced to a Job” program.
FUNCTION ROOMS AVAILABLE FOR HIRE:
- Conference Room (maximum of 90 people auditorium style): $250 full day /$135 half day
- Board Room (maximum of 20 people auditorium style): $160 full day/$90 half day
- Small Meeting Room (up to 6 people): $80 full day /$50 half day
Food for Futures provides full catering for your functions. We can cater breakfast, morning and afternoon teas, luncheons and dinners. External catering and delivery is also available, and we are happy to customise a menu to suit your taste buds!
Video and tele-conferencing equipment, PA system, lectern and white board are also available for hire.
For more information, contact us at:
P: 8980 6151
We are located at:
Barbara James House,
9 Mirambeena Street,
The Gardens, NT
Download the brochure and pricing list here.
All prices are GST Inclusive. The venue has disabled access and facilities, and it is easy accessible with free parking.
*Cancer related charities - 50% of room charge costs
Please note that Barbara James House is a Department of Health facility non-smoking and alcohol free facility.